Margaret River Community Centre provides a range of assistance for people in need.
IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19, EMERGENCY RELIEF IS AVAILABLE BY PHONING THE OFFICE:
9757 3200 or 0490 040 778 MONDAY – FRIDAY 9AM – 1PM.
Our focus is to assist people who have not yet registered for the government supports or who are yet to receive their payment. Please call the office and we can match the available supports to your circumstances. Your privacy is always respected.
If you have any financial concerns, we encourage you to contact the office to chat about support options – getting help sooner rather than later will reduce the risk of sliding into debt.
Our Emergency Relief assistance includes:
- Bus tickets
- Food relief parcels
- From 5pm-6pm Mondays and Wednesdays, the Soup Kitchen serves healthy vegan meals for a donation.
- MRCC is also a WA No-Interest Loan (WANILS) agent for assistance with household items such as white goods.
- We help with power bills through applications to Synergy’s Power Assist program.
- We distribute bedding, jackets and beanies during the Winter Warmers Blanket Drive.
- In December we distribute Christmas Hampers to people in need, including food hampers and toys for children. Register yourself or nominate someone you know could benefit.
If you know someone who would benefit from any of our services please pass on this information
Enquiries by phone 9757 3200 or call into our office, no appointment needed.
9am-1pm Monday-Friday only.