Margaret River Soup Kitchen
Founded in 1995
The Margaret River Soup Kitchen, more widely known as The Soupie, was founded in 1995 by Dave Seegar. Dave realised that many people were in need of a good healthy meal for little money. Tasty vegan meals including stews, curries and salads are cooked up by volunteers. Tea and coffee is available too.
Every Monday and Wednesday evening at 5pm until approx 7pm.
Check re closures on public holidays and around Christmas.
The Soup Kitchen faces the courtyard at MRCC, adjacent to the Church Gallery.
Volunteers are welcome to assist with preparations and cooking in the MRCC’s commercial kitchen. Come along at 10:30am on Mondays or Wednesdays and introduce yourself to Dave, Karl, Steve or John – brace yourself for tantalising aromas as cooking begins!
All are welcome to come along for a meal and to mix with long term locals and new arrivals to town.
Lots of factors come together to enable the provision of our fresh and low cost meals, including:
– donations from local supermarkets, grocers and restaurants
– donations from local residents with abundance in their gardens
– produce harvested from our own Soupie garden
– takings each night – suggested contribution is $5/meal
– the time donated by all the volunteers each week